The Mexican Workshop on Particles and Fields is a biennial meeting organized by the Division of Particles and Fields of the Mexican Physical Society designed to gather specialists in different areas of high energy physics to discuss the latest developments in the field. It will be held from October 20 (Thursday) to 26 (Wednesday), 2011, at the Arts and Culture Department of the University of Guanajuato, Campus León.
This year, the workshop will be divided into three thematic sessions, each of these will have a working group that will lead a discussion session at the end of the workshop. The topics covered by the thematic sessions are:
I. Strings, Cosmology, Astroparticles and Beyond the Standard Model
- Cosmic Rays
- Gamma Ray Bursts
- Beyond the Standard Model (theory and experimental searches)
Working Group: Arnulfo Zepeda, Oscar Loaiza, Axel de la Macorra, Myriam Mondragón.
II. Hadronic Matter
- Perturbative QCD, Jets and Diffractive Physics
- Hadronic Structure, Soft QCD, Spectroscopy
- Heavy Ion Collisions and Soft Physics at Hadron Colliders
- Lattice Results
Working Group: Wolfgang Bietenholz, Mariana Kirchbach
III. Electroweak and Flavor Physics
- Quark masses and mixing
- Electroweak Symmetry Breaking
- Heavy Quark Physics
- CP Violation, CKM and Rare Decays
Working Group: David Delepine, Lorenzo Díaz, Gerardo Herrera, Olga Félix Beltrán.
You can contact us by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
National organizing committee:
• Arnulfo zepeda (CINVESTAV-DF).
• Guillermo Contreras (CINVESTAV-Mérida).
• David Delepine (DF-UG).
• Axel de la Macorra (IAC/IF-UNAM).
• Lorenzo Díaz (BUAP).
• Gerardo Herrera (CINVESTAV-DF).
• Mariana Kirchbach (IF-UASLP).
• Oscar Loaiza (DF-UG).
• Myriam Mondragón (IF-UNAM).
• Mauro Napsuciale (DF-UG).
• Humberto Salazar Ibarguen (BUAP).
• Andrés Sandoval (IF-UNAM).
• Juan Carlos D’Olivo (ICN-UNAM)).
• Wolfgang Bietenholz (ICN-UNAM).
• Olga Félix Beltrán (BUAP).
Local organizing committee:
- Mauro Napsuciale (chairman)
- David Delepine
- Vannia González-Macías